Thursday, November 10, 2005

Winds of Change

My universe is about to change. Again. Star Wars Galaxy is poised to become a completely different game in the next week. On November 15th the game that I’ve played for the last two and a half years will be completely revamped for a new one. Every aspect will be changed, from the way you fight and craft, to what you can do with your character. Ebe Lightcloud (My character) had strived to be one of the best Master Ranger and Riflewoman on the server called Radiant.
Earlier this year SWG change dramatically with what was known as the combat upgrade (CU) to try and balance out the different combat professions within the game. Several things happened with this. First, my skill points that I have to use were shuffled around so that I would have to move them around my professions to actually retain master. They offered what was/is called a respect. This is where SOE allowed you to move your skill points to other professions or to drop the points and use them some other way.
When I went to use my respect I ended up losing all my skills! And I could not get them back. Even after submitting numerous help tickets I could not get them back. I would have to start all over again to regain my titles.
This change all but destroyed the profession I loved playing the most, Master Ranger. It also limited my ability to effectively utilize my rifle skills from what it had been to practically zero. I almost left the game because of this change.
As you may have noticed my Blog changed between April and October, during this period I had to take a break and make a decision on whether I would continue to play or not. A lot of personal friends left SWG for other interest, some due to real life obligations and others because of the changes made to the game. I ultimately decided I would continue, but I had to find a way to explain my absence, so that is where I decided I would start over. Ebe had been in an accident and had lost her memory, she remembers very little of her past and had to redefine herself to best fit the new situation.
She had been making good progress to this end, like finding a friend she could trust and who helped her to re-master her lost skills, this person is known as Lotuss Maximo. Ebe and Lotuss eventually wed and had been having fun running quests and doing missions together, but how this all came about will never be told in this Blog.
I have decided that once the game changes again, I will start from that point. This will be a new Ebe and it will be a new game. Starting November 16th I will start posting Ebe’s life as it is from there.
It’s a new Game, and Story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home