Monday, November 14, 2005

Some idea about new game

I read through the Star Wars Galaxy forums last night at (http://www.starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/) to see if there was any more news on what is being called the NGE (New Game Enhancements) or the CU2 (Combat Upgrade 2). One interesting thing I noticed was that their saying we might be getting two characters per server. This would be nice, for it would allow me to explore a different profession. This could be important as once you decide on one of the nine professions offered, you are going to be stuck with it and not able to change as you used to be able to in the old game system. This is a big departure from how the game used to be, where you had 30 different professions to work with.
I finally made it onto test center to try out how the new game works. I created a new toon that I have named Neki, and she is on TC5. She has started out in the Spy profession, which is one of only nine that players are able to choose from. She woke up in a medical center on an orbiting space station. I was greeted by C3P0 and given instructions on how the new interface works. It’s pretty simple, but will take some time to get used to it. I can no longer hold down my right mouse button to move, instead I have to use the “w,a,s,d” keys to move about.
ThreePeeO had me talk to a medical droid and then had me examine a crate. In the crate I was given a starting pistol, a CDEF I think and shown how to use it. After shooting a couple of crates, I had to blast open a door to move on. When the door opened Han, Solo, Chewy, and R2D2 greeted me.
Han told me what a great kid I was, but that we had to leave as the station was going to blow or something to that effect. They led me down a couple of corridors to a hanger bay where the Millennium Falcon was parked. Standing next to the boarding ramp were three Imperial Storm Troopers.
As soon as we approached the boarding ramp, on of the troopers yelled at Han, and said that I was basically property of the imperial army and that I was to be tuned over to them immediately. Han had said that he was there to take me off the space station by contract and that I was not going anywhere with the troopers. Next thing I know we are in a blaster fight. Shooting is much quicker in this new game then in the old. I think faster then pre-CU. Holding down the left mouse button seemed to make the gun fire continuously.
The three troopers were dispatched quickly. I was told to board the falcon, and this is where I ran into my first bug. Seems I couldn’t go up the boarding ramp. Try as I may, I just was not going to get onboard the falcon. I repeatedly rebooted hoping this would fix thing, but to no avail. I decided to give it a rest at this point and try the next night.
If this is how the system works, SOE has a lot of work ahead of them.

Next night.
Yay!! I finally got on the Falcon and was whisked to another space station by Han and Chewy. I was told to meet someone in the cantina and start my newbie quest on learning how the new system interface works. I hope this game still will retain some of its original feel, as I don’t care to have to constantly run quests in order to enjoy myself. I guess I will wait till tomorrow to find out how the new system really works. 24 more hours till new game launch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home