Friday, October 20, 2006

Transition 10/20/xxxx

Blast this crummy war!
My world continues to turn inside out. I thought I was following the right path.
I had a vision, where Lotuss had told me to seek out Mara Jade and learn the ways of the force. I did this, only to complete my training and come home to…what…Nothing!
All I found was the ring I had given Lotuss upon our union. There was no note, no nothing. I have not heard a word from him, or of him since.

In hind sight, I should have known this was coming. Lotuss had been spending more and more time away. “The War” he would say, but even when he was home and not out fighting, he felt distant to me.

I am angry, hurt. I can’t help but think that it’s me. I must be some kind of monster to the men I marry, else why would they all leave me like this?
I have thought about my part in all of this and have concluded that it hasn’t been me alone. Warriors are not the kind to be caged in a relationship and when two warriors form a union one should expect disaster. For me, it’s best if I go back to what I started when I first arrived in this part of the galaxy.

The training I received from Mara will be indispensable in the coming months, but for now I need to back off from this Galactic Civil War and find some peace and tranquility.
When I first arrived on Tatooien I was without family, friends and funds. I worked odd jobs around Mos Eisly and earned enough credits to book passage on a tramp ship heading for Naboo.
I fell in love with the place. The greenery and beauty of Naboo reminded me so much of my birth planet.

I had found myself in the city of Theed. I found work fairly quickly, running odd errands for the locals and the occasional hunting job. The Theed cantina was one of the big social hangouts in the city and it was there one night while sipping on a drink I was approached by a fellow that promoted an entertainment troop. CoE was the name of his group if I remember right.

Anyways through small talk and his endless enthusiasm for entertainment he convinced me to try out as a dancer. He said I had the looks and stature to make a fine entertainer.
He had also mentioned that the money could be good if I gave the patrons what they needed along with a good show.

For several months I worked in the entertainment business before the call of the hunt grabbed me again.

Well here it is, a few years gone at the hands of the war and two husbands later, that I find myself again working in the entertainment profession. I’ve found that dancing and playing music has been just what I needed to take the tension of the war and thoughts of loves lost away from my mind.

I’ve been happy helping others in need and of the comradeship of the other entertainers I’ve met and associate with, but again I’m starting to feel the pull of the war on me.

I’ve had several contacts ask me for their help in the conflict. So far I’ve been able to say no, but with each attempt it gets harder and harder to stand my ground. I have to face the truth. I was raised as a hunter by my father. I was very good as a hunter and then as a soldier and officer in the Imperial Navy. Under the tutelage of Mara Jade, I’ve learned how to use the force in ways I would never have dreamed possible…But I’m torn...I’m being torn apart by my training and loyalty to the Empire and by the atrocities I’ve seen the same Empire bestow on innocent human and sentient species in the galaxy.

Yes…I feel the pull of the war again, and I know I can try to make a difference in the struggle. I just need to take a little more time…decide which side I want to be on and what I can do to make a difference. I think I’ll dance awhile longer and let the force guild me on this decision.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home